Hereford & Worcester Dyslexia Association offers FREE support and advice to all parents of children with learning needs
Our Parent Support Groups offer –
- practical advice and help on ways to support at home
- useful technology available and support with programs or apps
- opportunities to discuss realistic expectations of provision in educational environments
- opportunities to talk in confidence to those with similar experiences or appropriate expertise
- free events throughout the year, with guest speakers covering a variety of related topics.
Whilst Dyslexia is our primary focus, we will always try to help with any of the related Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) such as Dyspraxia, (motor skills) Dyscalculia (maths and numbers) or other similar learning needs.
Contact the Support Groups at –
Worcester – Frances Browne
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterDyslexiaParentGroup
Bromsgrove – Sally Arblaster
Hereford – Bev Drinkwater
Email – email@example.com
Click on any of the links below to download a PDF file full of helpful information…
( BDA webinar ; Empowering potential with Microsoft)
Sensory products based in Worcester
Apps to help with spelling, punctuation, maths KS1 – KS2 but may help some KS3
Reading and maths apps
Clicker and Docs plus
Often free or yearly one off subscription
Advice and support for parents struggling with schools etc
IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Non profit help with Advocacy for SEND
Local to Worcestershire: North Worcestershire Autism Parent Group (All welcome) Facebook page
Magazine online re SEND across UK
A charity to help adults learn to read, you can search for closest scheme.
When sitting theory test you can get help, with the option to listen to the question as well as read the question.
https://www.dyslexic.com/about-us/ Its a company that sells dyslexia assistive technology.
Wellbeing and Emotional Support
Parents – Emotionally Based School Avoidance – PDF Download
SEN support in Mainstream Schools – PDF download
Education Health Care Plan – PDF download
2022 Worcestershire Dyslexia Pathway – PDF download
2022 Worcestershire Local Area SEND – PDF download