Details of upcoming sessions run by the two Parent Support Groups are –
Worcester – Frances Browne & Victoria Crivelli
- Email – email@example.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterDyslexiaParentGroup
All these are DROP IN sessions – feel free to come at any point during the times below.
Please feel free to contact us at any time between these sessions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook page
They are held in The Community Room, Waitrose, 223 London Road, Worcester WR5 2JG (just off Junction 7 M5) unless otherwise shown.
- Thursday 27th June 16.00- 18.30 followed by Special Event 18.45 – 20.30
Back by popular demand Tina Kilgallon talking about Supporting Anxiety & Mental Health in Older Children and Young people
- Wednesday 3rd July 12.45-15.45 Ken Upton from talking SENse will be attending the drop in to discuss any issues regarding ECHPs.
NB he is doing a workshop that morning on ECHP reviews , see details below about the workshop.
- Wednesday 7th August 12.45-3.30
Don’t Miss these events coming up in 2019!
Wednesday 3rd July (separate from Drop In Session)
EHCP Review Workshop by Ken Upton from TALKING SENSE
will be presenting a workshop for parents and carers of children and
young people with special educational needs & disabilities who already have an EHC plan.
The workshop will cover:
• Annual Review of Education Health & Care Plan
• How to prepare for the annual review
• Ensuring your views are heard
• Who does what and when
• The LA’s decision and your rights
When: Wednesday 3rd July 2019, 10am – 12 .00 midday
Where: Perdiswell Young People’s Centre , Perdiswell Park,
Droitwich Rd, Worcester. WR37SN
Cost: £5 per person ( plus a small Eventbrite fee will apply)
How to book: Go to Eventbrite https://hwdaehcpworkshop.eventbrite.co.uk
Thursday 11th July 2019
The Generation CAN Awards 2019 at Worcester University Arena – HWDA are one of the Award sponsors.
This year’s special guest is Lost Voice Guy the winner of Britain’s Got Talent 2018
Drops in dates and events from September 2019 :
Thursday 26th September 5 – 7.30 p.m.
Wednesday 9th October 5.00 – 8.30 p.m. ( Dyslexia Awareness Week drop in and event)
Thursday 28th November 4.45- 8.30 p.m. Drop in and Special Event Cathy Parvin talking about supporting handwriting and dysgraphia
Thursday 5th December 1.30 – 4.00 p.m.
Recent sessions –
- 1st February – our first Education Health & Care Plan (EHCP) workshop. (NB held at St. Peter’s Church, St. Peter’s, Worcester) NB More workshops to follow later in the year ( see above Review workshop )
- 17th January 4.30 – 6.45 – Drop In, followed by a talk by Cathy Parvin from Dyspraxia Education on Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) commonly called dyspraxia
- Thursday 14th March 12:30-16:00 – Drop In
Cathy in action talking to our parent group
Jane Hateley & Linda Adey
- Email – hwda.bromsgrovePSG@gmail.com
All these sessions are held at The Wendron Centre (Connect Bromsgrove), Chapel Street, Bromsgrove B60 2BQ (the home of Bromsgrove Workshop)
- Friday May 17th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- Friday June 21st 5pm – 7pm – Drop In plus a presentation by Lorraine Peterson on ‘SEND Code of Practice – an update”
Recent sessions –
- May 11th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- June 22nd 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- September 21st 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- November 23rd 5pm – 7pm – Drop in, plus another chance to see Victoria Crivelli’s presentation on “Practical ways to support your child at home”
- January 25th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- Friday March 15th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In, plus a presentation by Tina Preece on ‘An Introduction to Autism”