Details of upcoming sessions run by the two Parent Support Groups are –
Worcester – Frances Browne & Victoria Crivelli
- Email – email@example.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WorcesterDyslexiaParentGroup
All these are DROP IN sessions – feel free to come at any point during the times below.
Please feel free to contact us at any time between these sessions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Facebook page
They are held in The Community Room, Waitrose, 223 London Road, Worcester WR5 2JG (just off Junction 7 M5) unless otherwise shown.
Drop In Dates for 2019
Thursday 26th September 4.00 – 6.30 p.m.
Special Event 6.30-8.30 p.m. Tina Kilgallon supporting mental stress in older children and young people . This event is free but places must be booked on : http://mentalhealthsessionhwda.eventbrite.co.uk/
Wednesday 9th October 5.00 – 8.30 p.m.
(Dyslexia Awareness Week drop in & technology event )
Thursday 28th November 3.45 – 6.30 p.m. Drop in*
Special Event 6.30–8.30 p.m. Cathy Parvin talking about Supporting Handwriting and Dysgraphia – details coming soon
*NB That lunchtime Ken Upton is running an ECHP review workshop , https://ehcpworkshop2.eventbrite.co.uk/ (see details below) and then is hoping to visit this “drop in”, from 3.45 – 5.00 p.m. to talk informally to parents about any concerns regarding their child’s SEN provision in school, or other ECH plans or related issues.
Thursday 5th December 1.30 – 4.00 p.m.
Don’t Miss these events coming up in 2019 and 2020
Thursday 28th November a rescheduled visit
ECHP review workshop by Ken Upton from Talking SENse
Ken will be offering a practical workshop for parents on the review process for children with an ECHP or who may be about to get one. Annual Reviews offer parents the opportunity to challenge current provision , ensure changes and have a voice in decisions being made.
The workshop will cover:
• Annual Review of Education Health & Care Plan
• How to prepare for the annual review
• Ensuring your views are heard
• Who does what and when
• The LA’s decision and your rights
Where : The Meadow Room , The Countryside Centre , Worcester Woods, Wildwood Drive, Worcester WR52LG
When : 1.00 – 3.00 p.m.
Cost £5.00 (plus a small Eventbrite fee will apply)
To Book a place go to : https://ehcpworkshop2.eventbrite.co.uk/
SAVE the DATE 2020 for these two free events
Dyslexia Show NEC 20 /21 st March
BDA Pop Up Roadshow Worcester October 17th 1-4.00 p.m. more details to follow
Recent sessions –
- 1st February – our first Education Health & Care Plan (EHCP) workshop. (NB held at St. Peter’s Church, St. Peter’s, Worcester) NB More workshops to follow later in the year ( see above Review workshop )
- 17th January 4.30 – 6.45 – Drop In, followed by a talk by Cathy Parvin from Dyspraxia Education on Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) commonly called dyspraxia
- Thursday 14th March 12:30-16:00 – Drop In
Cathy in action talking to our parent group
Jane Hateley & Linda Adey
- Email – hwda.bromsgrovePSG@gmail.com
All these sessions are held at The Wendron Centre (Connect Bromsgrove), Chapel Street, Bromsgrove B60 2BQ (the home of Bromsgrove Workshop)
- Friday May 17th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- Friday June 21st 5pm – 7pm – Drop In plus a presentation by Lorraine Peterson on ‘SEND Code of Practice – an update”
Recent sessions –
- May 11th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- June 22nd 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- September 21st 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- November 23rd 5pm – 7pm – Drop in, plus another chance to see Victoria Crivelli’s presentation on “Practical ways to support your child at home”
- January 25th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In
- Friday March 15th 5pm – 7pm – Drop In, plus a presentation by Tina Preece on ‘An Introduction to Autism”