Meeting learners’ needs: access to learning with iPad
A ‘hands-on’ workshop for all those teaching and supporting learners with dyslexia and related challenges
Trainer: Mike Watkinson from Jigsaw 24 will cover –
- Using the device – navigational tips and tricks
- Exploring built in accessibility features – entering, reading and accessing text
- Addressing different learning styles
- Structuring and scaffolding learning and addressing a range of challenges without stigma
- Built-in and third-party apps that support learning
- Resources and websites
iPads will be provided for use during the session so you can discover, hands-on , how iPad can remove barriers to learning without stigma.
There is no target age / KS range. All levels of experience are welcome – from beginner to regular user.
NB This course is for adults only – unfortunately this event is not open to children
When: Saturday June 24th
There is a choice of two identical training sessions. Morning: 10.00 -12.30 a.m. or Afternoon: 2.00 – 4.30 p.m.
Please register your choice via the links below.
Where: King George V Community Trust Centre (KGV) Worcester, Ash Ave, off Brickfields Rd, Worcester WR4 9TL
HWDA members: Free (a free registration link will be sent to you on request if you have not been contacted privately )
Non-members: £16.52 (£15.00 + £1.52 site service charge) – payable during on-line registration
– please use this link to register for this event: https://goo.gl/Mg4EFr